Wednesday, September 03, 2008

My Job Description

If any of you wonder what I do, I was thinking about it on my run today and this is what I came up with...
Hours: Monday-Sunday 12 am-12 pm (on call 24/7), no sick days or paid vacation
Job Description: Change diapers, taxi, cook, cleaning lady, tutor, teacher, story lady, doctor, must know answers to all 'why' questions, nose wiper, good listener, babysitter, good at winging it, cheerleader, coach, nutritionist, stain master, organizer, multi-tasker, outgoing, good at faking it, etc.
Pay: Kisses, "I wuv yous", hugs, "ank-yous", smile, artwork, excitement over achievements (like going in the potty), children eating vegetables and not spitting or hitting other children, etc.
This is what I always wanted to do and you know what? I love it! I love to see my girls grow and discover new things. I love to watch them experience new foods and joys in life, I love to hear what they have to say or not say. A smile melts my heart and makes me want to cry. times when Madison says "I wuv you" without any prompting is a treasure beyond money. It's the times Madison is silly and just wants me to laugh at her. Times Abby smiles makes the rest of the world fade away. I wouldn't trade any of this for the world and I'm just grateful my Heavenly Father loves me enough to give me these moments.

3 comments:

The McGuffin Family said...

I just love looking at your blog! Your kids are so cute! YOu are such a good mom!

Rachel Holloway said...

VERY cute thoughts...thanks for sharing.

Am thinking I might give you a call today. :)

Wilson Clan said...

Isn't being a mom GREAT!!! It's the BEST job ever!!I think the Lord knew what he was doing when he gave us the wonderful blessing of having, teaching, and loving the little children.