Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Favorite sayings while potty training...

My friend was over watching my kids while I went running and I told Madison "when the timer goes off to try and go to the bathroom." Madison was playing and then got a look of anxiety on her face so my friend said, "go to the bathroom." She responded by saying, "I can't, not till timer go off."

In a high, anxious, hurried tone, "Mommy, I have to go to the bathroom." And then she would run to the bathroom. She had done it a couple times in a row and I thought she was just practicing, but she really did have to go and she did go in her underpants.

"I go poop in the kitchen floor, that funny huh mom." Then she would laugh. I told her no that isn't funny and that was urine not poop. She would repeat, "that funny mom." We argued for a bit and she wouldn't budge.

1 comment:

Murmer said...

Oh look what fun I have to look forward to.