Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bad Mom Award!

Two days of Abigail boycotting naps and Madison loosing it at the drop of a hat was really starting to get to me. I couldn't figure out why when I would lay Abby down, she would be asleep and then 15 minutes later wake up screaming. She could scream for 2 hours!!! I know this because I let her one day! Then she wakes up throughout the night, is not a happy camper during the day, and takes cat naps in the car only to awaken when I transfer her to the crib. What is wrong with her!!!! I am having glimpses of the future of a napless 5 month old who can run on less sleep than me (if that isn't a nightmare I don't know what is). So, during church today Abby starts grabbing her ear so much that it's red and has scratches all around it. The light finally goes on 'ear infection'. Why didn't I pick up on this sooner!!! Bad mom award right? Well, at the doctors office they tell me it just has fluid and no infection, but that can cause some pressure and make her uncomfortable. The doctor tells me this can go on for weeks:-) So, home we go and I give her tylenol and she is back to her old self.

4 comments:

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

My heart goes out to you and Abby. It happens and this won't probably be your last time of doing the same thing.

Rachel Holloway said...

No, no, no...not a bad mom at ALL!! I have probably let my kids live through umpteen ear infections. Just part of life! :)

Hope she gets feeling better!

mer and mel said...

don't you hate that they can't tell you waht's bothering them? I am not very good at trying to figure it out. Right now Ethan is teething and he just fusses all day long!

Tamara said...

Sorry to hear about Abby, but don't beat yourself up. This has happened to all mothers many times. You are a GREAT MOTHER! Give her a kiss from us.