Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Madison the Mechanic

I was changing the oil on our Honda and Madison wanted to change the oil on her car. She cried for the ramps and then would drive her car up, look under the car, go and get a tool from the toolbox, and then come back and fix it. It was so cute!


She was doing what I did while trying the drive the car onto the ramps. I had to hang my head out the window since I didn't have anyone there to tell me when to stop:-)


Here's Madison attempting to pull the car onto the ramps. I ended up having to help her.


She fixed her car just fine! She's a McVea through and through:-)

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sarah, I'm so impressed with you and your mechanical skills. I barely know where to find the oil stick under my hood to check it, to actually change the oil is way beyond my means. Madison will probably be just as handy as you. She sure is growing up fast!

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

What a girl you have. Well, for that matter what a girl you are Sarah. Dad will be so proud (in a good way not a bad pride) of you and so am I. I love the pictures!!
You now need to get some one taking the pictures of you while changing the oil and put them side by side. What a perfect example of the power of example.

cimnanny said...

You can change your oil by yourself? You are more talented than I thought. Monkey see monkey do. Madison is quite demanding of getting the things she needs and wants. But she gets them all done and we all laugh while she is doing. Independence, imagination and creativity is some of the greatest gifts from a child.

Lacey Jay said...

Oh dear... these pictures kill me. I love them:)

Rob and Juliann said...

This is the stinking awesomest picture I have seen this week. Like mother like daughter. PS I changed Rob's oil on Saturday. You and Elyssa inspired me.