Sunday, August 31, 2008

Brian is great for...

I was thinking about this today and these are my thoughts.
1. To play all crazy like with my kids...He plays differently with Madison and Abby than I do or ever would. How would I ever know that Madison loves to be thrown 10 feet in the air, thrown on the bed, scared out of her mind, drive the car 'all by herself'. No, it takes Brian to do that.
2. To bounce ideas off of. He just sits and listens as I sort everything out by rambling on and on and on and on late into the night. He never tells me he is tired and needs to go to bed, he just falls asleep:-)
3. To instill in the kids a love of books and of reading among other things. Example...when I put Madison to bed, I read 1, maybe 2 books if she cries for it, sing her one song, say her prayers, brush her teeth (if she's not too against it) and put her to bed. Brian on the other hand likes to get her to scream in delight or laugh for about 20 minutes straight before he even attempts to brush her teeth, change her diaper, put her in PJ's, read her anywhere from 5-20 books, sing her every song she requests, help her say her prayers, and...ok, so that's about it. You can see why when given the choice of daddy or mommy to put her to bed it is always a resounding 'daddy', aka Brian.
4. Guessing...I never know where we will end up in a year or two or three. He is the master at gathering data and then making a decision (Abby didn't have a name for the first 7 weeks of her life). What does he want to be when he grows up? That's the big question on everyone's mind.
5. I need a break every once in a while and what better baby sitter is there than dear old dad. He's free, I don't have to worry if I get back to late, and he can usually figure out where the diapers, bottle, PJ's, snacks, etc. are. Did I mention he's FREE!
6. He is a great emotional support with photography, being a mom, wife, and whatever else comes my way.
Random thoughts I know, but I just thought I would write them down for posterity...ok, so maybe just blog stalkers:-)

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

What a great husband!!! And free? WOW! My husband charges me $8 per hour--just kidding! :)

I love reading these little tidbits--thanks for sharing!