Monday, August 18, 2008

"Trailer Park Trash"

Just add a few more cars, overgrown lawn, kids with shirts off and cut off shorts, and we would be the definition of white trash:-) We thought we would save a few bucks and fix our car that a deer jumped into. Not such a good idea with kids around. Between the gravel throwing in Abby's eyes, Madison locking herself in the car, dinner on the grass, and melt downs, we were able to get the car apart...

What someone might have heard if listening...

"Madison don't touch that. Get out of the car. Don't throw that at Abby. She's fine. Don't shake her."
"Where does this go? Are you sure it came out of that hole? Oh, that's what that tool is for. Can we take that off again? I forgot a bolt. What is this duck tape doing there? Pass me that thing..."

I wish I could say it was marriage bonding time/ FHE, but I think it did the opposite of bond if you know what I mean. I now see why some surgeons get upset at medical students or residents when working on a patient...ours was a 1999 Honda Accord with no feelings or life really and I got upset at Madison, Brian, the tools, the poor guy at the parts store, and if we had a dog I would have been mad at it too. Abby was the only one who escaped my wrath...She's just too cute and innocent (It helps that she can't talk or move and get into things:-)


If you look really close you will see the duck tape holding on the styrofoam bumper. We discovered this when we took the front bumper off...we just took the old duck tape off and put some new stuff on...great minds think alike:-)



Abby was the super-intendent and oversaw all the work. She's giving Brian a thumbs up:-)

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That is too funny! We have felt like that a time or too (or too many times!)

Hey--did you ever get my email address so we can email about photography??

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

Congratulations to you both! I love your description of your "bonding time." I just laughed out loud. I am glad you thought to take pictures.