Monday, October 27, 2008

Witch...pretend or real?

Today I was shopping in the Listen (second hand store) for a Witch costume while trying to keep tabs on Abby in a stroller, you would think that would be easy in that she can't go anywhere.

WRONG, Madison says, "I push Abby." I begin searching the bottomless laundry baskets full of hats, wigs, ninja turtle chest plates, sticks, swords, etc. I manage to find one that is bent and twisted and another one that you can see through. Isn't everyone a witch at some point? There should be tons of Hats!!!! I manage to pull my nose out of the laundry baskets only to discover Abby, Madison, and Madison's friend gone.

I call for Madison and the nice man looking in the men's pant isle says, "I think that is her over there." So, I find Madison and try to locate the other little girl I have with me and find her OUTSIDE THE STORE! Madison is right behind me and heads for the puddle in the street! I grab her and remember Abby is in the stroller in the store and I am outside. I ask the two girls to come in and end up having to chase Madison and bring her in. Yes, Abby is still in the store. I frantically get back in the store and tell the girls to stay by me. They end up grabbing batons and pretend to fight and even go as far as jabbing at random people in the store.

I am still searching for a Halloween costume when I hear, "My family, church, in the name of Jesus Christ amen. Your turn." I turn around to see Madison and her friend standing at this pole, that resembles a microphone, taking turns bearing their testimonies. After a few rounds, yes I said rounds, of this, Madison's friend announces "I am at church." Many grandmas smiled at me and thought they were cute...I thought so too!

"Ten more minutes and the store is closing" comes the announcement from the cash register.

Great, I have managed to find nothing and I need a costume by Wednesday. I give up and gather up the girls and head for the door. There in a nice basket are three witches hats. Why didn't I see them when I came in? Well, one hat down and boots, face paint, fingernails, dress, funky nose, and earrings left to go. At this rate I may become a witch without a costume:-)

I must say I used to think two was hard:-) How do people go clothes shopping with children? Any tips would be great! Not that I am planning on having more any time soon:-)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Well, I don't have any tips because I just have one kid, but I've thought about that before, how impossible it must be to even leave the house with 2 or more kids! I'm excited to see everyone's Halloween costumes! Hopefully you will be able to get all you need for your costume in time:)

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

I like the title for this one!!! I just laugh. Best of luck with your costome. I pray Madison's arrive today.

Rob and Juliann said...

I don't go shopping anymore unless I'm mentally prepared for a battle. Good luck with the Halloween costume!