Friday, October 10, 2008

Our Newest Nephew!!!!!

We wanted to announce the birth of our newest Nephew Mason. We have waited for this moment since the birth mom chose Seth and Lacey to be the adoptive parents of her baby boy months ago. It's been a long, beautiful, spiritual, tough journey filled with ups and downs. He has a strong spirit and is suppose to be a part of this family. It's amazing how our Heavenly Father works and to see this miracle unfold is beyond words. As we waited for the phone call to tell us all went well at the birth, hospital, and when they took him home, it bonded us all in such a way that goes deep and eternal. I was overcome with a feeling of gratitude knowing that I can have my own children, no matter how hard it is, and at the same time be grateful for those who give the gift of life so someone else can raise their child. I have come to find out that adoption isn't a simple thing. It's like running a marathon emotionally for weeks. I always thought adoption had perks like you wouldn't be tired after giving birth and still have to nurse a baby 3 times a night but you still do loose sleep due to anticipation before you are given your child and I'm sure Seth and Lacey aren't fresh and energized...they are running off adrenaline just like anyone else after giving birth. I thought you just get a baby for nothing, but I was wrong again. You may be offered a baby and get your hopes up only to have them dashed when the mom decides to keep the baby or give it to someone else, or take it back after placing it. Oh, my respect has deepened for those who adopt and those who give their babies up for adoption. What a selfless thing to do and the sacrifice runs deep. I have had so many thoughts due to this adoption and putting them into words just doens't cut it. I hope you get a feel for what I am trying to convey. Back to Mason...

He was born Tues. October 7 at 3:50 a.m. He was 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches long. He's got a full head of hair (Seth jokes that he will break the McVea cycle of loosing ones hair at about 24 years old) and is adorable. I can't wait to see Mason Cole McVea in November!!!!! Congratulations Seth and Lacey! We are so glad you are able to start your family now. Mason is blessed to have you for his parents.



3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

What a sweet, sweet baby! Truly blessed to have parents who would go through so much! It definitely brings a new appreciation for adoption! Thanks for sharing!!!

Emily said...

Wow, What an amazing journey Seth and Lacey have been through, I'm so excited for them and little Mason. Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! I hope you have a good day today!

Murmer said...

Congrats to Seth and Lacy...what a special baby and what a special angel who choose to place her baby with them. Is it going to be an open adoption?