Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Half Marathon in Harbor Springs

I feel horrible we didn't get to really take pictures except on Lael's ipod and phone.  The course was hilly, but beautiful with the fall foliage at it's peek.  We ran right along Traverse Bay and saw the lighthouses, sailboats at the harbor, gorgeous reds, yellows, and orange trees along the entire path.  It was so fun, but hard.  I must say I should have trained longer than I did and maybe running with my knees a bit injured wasn't the best idea, but hey, you don't get a chance to run with your sister every day:-)  I wish I could say it was on my bucket list, but it wasn't.  I never even had a desire to run a half marathon until two months ago.  I got it in my head and had to do it.  I am grateful for a supporting husband and a supporting sister who coached me along the entire way!  I hope to get some pictures soon, but if not I'm sorry not only for you, but me.  It was gorgeous, but I don't think pictures could come close to the real thing any way.  Maybe your imagination can't capture it either, but it's probably better than a picture:-)  Just picture fiery reds, yellows, and orange on every tree!  All the trees had turned and they are huge trees!  The bay was so blue it contrasted the yellows, oranges, and reds and complimented the white church, harbor with sailboats, and small harbor village.  The air was cool and crisp the entire way and the sun was always peeking out from behind the trees dancing across my face as I ran along the tree lined route.

No comments: