Monday, January 16, 2012

What We've been up to

 I made 11 chair covers for my sunbeams with a pocket on each one to put something in it each week that correlates with the lesson.  Their were a few who were having a hard time transitioning from Nursery, so we did this to make it a bit easier and gives them something to look forward to each week.  As you can see I get to have Abby in my class.
 Today was a no school day and madison wanted to make super girl capes.  She designed hers as seen below.  She chose the designs, colors of fabric, and where it was to go on the cape.  She stuck with it the whole time helping me.  Abby was into for a while, but then lost interest and doesn't even wear the cape.  Her friend got one for Christmas and Abby was in love with it...go figure:-)  She even designed hers too.

Our neighbor loves the cape way more than Abby:-)  She modeled it for me.  We also made super hero bracelets and the masks you see above with special super power gems.  I really need to take a picture of the sewing machine I found in the garbage and use for all my projects.  It pales compared to my friends or even the one I grew up using.  It's probably older than my grandma:-)  But it was free and it works and that's all that matters.  It just makes the final project all the more amazing:-)

2 comments:

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

Please do take a picture of the sewing machine. I love the capes and Madison's creative mind!

Tamara said...

What a darling idea for your Sunbeam class. I think they are great! And so are the capes and masks. You are an amazing mom! Your girls are very lucky!