Monday, January 16, 2012

Fairy Tea Party Extravaganza

 Madison and Abby were invited to a friends party and their mom went all out.  It was so fun! First they made fairy wings, wands, necklaces, etc. and then they came into the tea party room where each one had a tea pot and cup and fairy food.  She made acorns, toad stools, fairy wants, sticks, and logs.  It was adorable and so good too!  The girls got to keep their teapots and cups after the party and they have used them for most meals since then.  How fun for everyone!  Those are fairies on their plates made from pipe cleaners, a fake flower, and a bed.  Cute huh?



This needs a lot of explaining.  I have been butting heads especially with Madison since when she is home she always wants to be doing and comes up with some really extreme games, wants, etc.  She is just like me when I was little.  She just loves crafts, using her imagination, etc.  I have been telling her 'no' all the time and when I was praying to know how to build our relationship I had the distinct impression to let her do what she wants if it's not hurting anything.  So the very next morning Madison found the umbrellas in the closet and insisted on eating her breakfast under the umbrella.  When she needed more cereal or milk or such, she would slide her bowl out from under the umbrella and politely ask for more.  They loved it and it didn't hurt a thing.  Sorry about the poor pictures, I have been lazy and used my point and shoot.  It's better than nothing I guess:-)  Other things have been wearing my skirt at night and tying the bottom to make it into a mermaid tail and sleeping in it that way, sewing random scraps together, building forts, expressing herself through her dress, setting the table in a very meticulous way, and other things I can't think of now.  It has been really fun to see her blossom and we have had some amazing times and experiences together since.  Who would have thought it was me with the problem, not her:-)

2 comments:

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

You are such an amazing mother. The girls are blessed to have you and Brian as their parents. If we would just think of prayer as a first step, we would be a lot further ahead. I am glad you learned early.

Tamara said...

Both your girls are very creative, and It is wonderful that you encourage that. I needed to be more that way with my children!