Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Funny Abby

Yesterday I went sledding in the morning with both girls and we were sledding in the big bowl behind our house and there is a huge hill about 150 feet wide with a cluster of three trees at the bottom of the hill dissecting it into two equal halves.  Well, we decided to try sledding on the right side of the trees instead of the left side where we always go.  It's said to be steeper and longer.  After going down with Madison I saw Abby walking over with the saucer sled, that is the fastest of the three sleds, and set it down and proceeded to get on the sled head first.  I yelled at her not to go since she was right in line with the trees, but she was already starting to slide.  I quickly ran over and put my foot out to stop her.  The sled slid into my foot and Abby continued sliding off the sled and ended up skinning up her lip just a bit.  She cried and I held her grateful that I was right there to stop her and was at the bottom of the hill and not at the top.  I had time to get to her and stop her from plowing head first into a clump of trees at the very bottom of the large hill where she would have had the most momentum.  What a blessing!  But this morning she was complaining of her lip and said kind of slowly, "My owee...a little bit...kind of hurts."  I love the way she forms sentences now a days.  She keeps me smiling.

1 comment:

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

How fun it was to play UNO with Abby. I assume she got her skinned knee from the sledding accident. Hope her mouth heals up.