Monday, May 24, 2010

"What does Tuesday look like?"


Last night I hear Madison crying at 5 am and so I go in there and she is distraught that her bed sheet has come off the mattress and so she asks me, "will you fix my bed?" I fix her bed and am about to leave and Madison says through tears and sobs, "I can't find my treat. I looked all over for it and it's not here." I said, "didn't you eat it before you went to bed?" "No," Madison said, "I put it right here and now it's gone. I even prayed to find it." At this point I begin to frantically look for it so that she knows Heavenly Father answers prayers. I find it rather quickly on the floor at the head of her bed and give it to her and say, "see, Heavenly Father answered your prayer." The next morning when I go into her room I ask her if she remembers waking up last night and wanting her ring pop. She says, "Yes, and I couldn't find it and so I prayed and then looked and still couldn't find it and so I prayed again like this." She then showed me how she knelt on her bed and said, "Heavenly Father, Jesus, please help me find my ring pop." Then she said, "and then I would look. Then I cried and you came and found it. Heavenly Father did answer my prayer." The faith of a child. She really believed she would find it if she prayed. It was a heart warming experience.

The other one came tonight as I was tucking her into bed she asked, "What are we going to do when I wake up?" To which I said, "I don't know, but it will be fun. We will have to plan something." Madison then asked, "What day is it when I wake up?" I said, "Tuesday."
"What is Tuesday? Is it Sunday?"
"No, It's Tuesday."
"What does Tuesday look like?"
I told her, "It looks just like today." That seemed to satisfy her curiosity for the moment. She is so fun and full of questions lately. It's great and I love it. I am so lucky to have two beautiful daughters that just light up my world.

Oh, while we were driving home from the Evans' home last night Brad sneezed and no one said anything and then we hear Abby say, "bless you." No one prompted her at all. She surprises me more and more each day.

Today I got to sleep in since it was Brian's turn to watch the girls and I hear, "hold it Abby. Have you gone yet? Hold it." Then I hear the rip, rip of the diaper coming off. That's when I get out of bed and wander into the bathroom just in time to help the naked Abby onto the toilet. I turn on the water, squirt water on her, still nothing. She then gets off and she leads me into her room to where the diapers are. I put one on and she goes to inform daddy that, "I went on the toilet and went uh (grunt sound)". Gotta love kids.

2 comments:

Lacey Jay said...

ooh, i love your girls! i love how you record these conversations and experiences. they will love them!


-I got your voicemail this morning. It's okay, I'm just glad they exsist. I really hope didn't lose your other shoot. I'm so sorry!

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

You are so right, "You gotta love kids!" We love hearing about their conversations with you. The faith of a child can move mountains.