Monday, May 10, 2010

Air and Space Museum and the Library of Congress

We got to view one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen. It was the Library of Congress. The artwork, marble columns, statues, and other beautiful structural elegances took my breath away as I admired the work and hours that must have been put into it. This is just a taste of what was all around us. 360 degrees of pure beauty.




We were able to see the Air and Space Museum our second day there and it was fun...I must admit that Brian had more fun there than I did. He spent 15 minutes looking at something that I spent 15 seconds at. It was like Brian was a kid in a candy store and all of it was free! He loved it. The orange plane was the one that first broke the sound barrier. There was also the one that breached the sound barrier twice, Capsules that astronauts first orbited the earth in, war planes, the wright brother's plane, etc.

1 comment:

kimi + joe said...

Agreed, Library of Congress has THE most beautiful ceiling. Your shots capture it so well.