Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunglasses anyone?

Yesterday we went to Park City and Madison wanted to get some sun glasses from Children's Place. They cost $3.50 for one or 2 for $5. I thought maybe I would get one for Abby too since I hate to spend $3.50 on one pair when I could get it for $2.50. I decided we didn't need any sun glasses and told Madison 'no.' I had been asking her all weekend when she would ask to buy something if she wanted it bad enough to use her birthday money. She always said, "no", so I tried that with the sunglasses. She said, "I want to use my birthday money for this. I want Abby to have a pair too." I told her that Abby doesn't need a pair, she already has a pair. To which I said, "You may buy Abby a pair with your own birthday money if you want, but I'm not going to get her a pair." I thought I had solved the problem, but no, Madison was willing to use the rest of her birthday money to buy Abby a pair and as we were walking out Madison asked, "Do I have any more money?" I said, "no, you spent it all." Madison said, "Well, when I get money for my next birthday I am going to buy sunglasses for kids that don't have any." In the care I asked her who she would give them to. She said, "Anna, Mesia, Elizabeth, other kids that don't have them if they need them." So tender hearted.

No comments: