Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Tagged on Facebook!

This is a facebook thing going around and I thought I would post it here since I had so much fun writing 25 random things about myself! I have loved reading everyone else's.

1. I have three birth certificates because my first name was Tiffany (until 11 mo. old) and I was born to my grandpa (they forgot the Jr. on the end of my dad's name), so they changed it, and then changed my name. (three...there you have it.)

2. I would rather be the passenger than the driver. Brian is the same way so we have to start thinking of reason's why the other person should drive hours before a long driving trip. By long...I mean over an hour. I fall asleep easily!

3. I fell in love with Brian the first time I saw him. When I looked into his eyes they were so pure and clean...I was just off a mission (2 days). I should type up my journal entries then! We were engaged two months after we met and married 4 months after that. Some say that when you return from a mission you are either on the one year track or the five year track. I hit the 6 month track:-) Not totally recommended, but it worked for us:-)

4. I grew up deathly afraid to give birth and swore I would only adopt. I hate pain and have a low tolerance for it. I also swore I would never cook with onions since they made me cry and my grandma asked for that in writing. I have since caved into both "I swear I will never's".

5. We took seven weeks after Abigail was born before we named her. Poor girl. We called her baby Evans and Little Miss Evans for her first weeks of life. We set a date to bless her in church and stayed up until midnight Saturday night discussing it and then on the way to church we were still talking about it. Most people didn't know what we were going to name her until the bishop announced it over the pulpit. I think it bothered other people more than it did us. We got some pretty jaw-dropping faces when we told people we didn't have a name for her yet. You would have thought we just told people our baby has a disease and will die in 4 weeks:-) That was about the reaction!

6. I have a goal to get a passport, go on a cruise, become a personal trainer, start a photography business, and travel to hawaii...all in due time:-) First we will graduate from Medical School:-)

7. I used to want a ton of kids...now I'm just taking them one at a time! Brian and I used to joke that we wanted 14...it was just a joke:-)

8. I grew up in a family of six kids and once when we went to McDonald's while traveling from Louisiana to Utah, a man handed my dad 20 bucks. We looked that bad I guess:-)

9. My dream growing up was to own a yellow hummer! I am in love with them, but will never own one!

10. When I was staying at my grandma's house in Provo while my mom was in Labor with my sister Lael, I was jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler under it, fell through the springs, and broke my leg. I just remember the doctor kept threatening to send my grandma out of the room if I didn't stop crying. That started the long time hate for doctors...now I am married to one and think a little more highly of them:-) I was able to compose myself and got superman ice cream afterwards.

11. My lowest grade was a C in French. I took French in Louisiana and the only thing I remember from French was a huge fight that broke out between a black girl and boy and the boy threw a book at the girls face and her lipstick was left on the book. The teacher was in shock and didn't know what to do. All she kept saying was 'stop it, stop it' with her french accent.

12. Knick-names I have had, Sar-bear, barfolooee (barf-o-lui), Got that in gradeschool by this boy who was crippled. He used to yell that at me in the cafeteria. White legs (yes, one would have to wear sun glasses if I wore shorts:-), and McVea (sports).

13. I batted 500 in Softball my Senior year.

14. I was awarded all-around athlete my Senior year.

15. I have the two cutest girls ever and love being a mom more than I ever thought possible. My most favorite things Madison says are "Just a minute mom", "I be back ok?", "I want to do like Abby does", and when I catch her on the toilet reading a magazine!

16. I had a ten year plan in case I didn't get married for a while. It consisted of becoming a teacher and traveling during the summers. I wanted to become a massage therapist, Hike tall mountains, and finish my last semester at BYU-Hawaii.

17. I served 18 months on a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Canada Halifax Mission and loved it! I served 10 1/2 months of that on Newfoundland. It's God's country and so beautiful!

18. I am not related to Timothy McVeigh (my maiden name is McVea), the Oklahoma bomber, or his accomplice Nichols (it's my mom's maiden name). I used to tell people I was as a joke and years later I was talking to a friend and realized that I never told her the truth and she still thought I was related to him. I never told that lie again!!!!!

19. I love to read books that are easy to read and end happily. I save the hard reading for textbooks and scripture study (bible especially:-).

20. I graduated from BYU-I with an associates in Elementary Ed. but when I got home from my mission the thought of teaching a classroom full of kids scared me so I finished my BA in University studies with two clusters in Nutrition and Sociology. If I could get a masters I think I would get it in Sociology or Photography. I have a goal to get a masters one day:-)

21. I love serving people. It's like an addiction. My dad does a service project every Saturday and he included us in that while growing up and I love the feeling I got then and the feeling I get now for serving.

22. I just learned how to hockey stop last week. Brian taught me while on our date!

23. My dream home that we build one day will have two dishwashers, a convection oven, and a maid:-)

24. I grew up having to do Saturday chores and with an allowance of one dollar a week! We had to have three dollars saved up before we could spend any of it! I'm not sure if a buck bought you more back then, but to have to wait three weeks to buy anything was torture at times! It taught me to save and not spend money the second I got it.

25. One of my favorite quotes is "You can't do everything for everyone everywhere, but you can do something for someone somewhere." -Elder Richard L. Evans

1 comment:

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

That was fun reading for me.