Friday, April 16, 2010

Love

I am feeling so much love for my girls and husband. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family and to have been raised in such a beautiful family as well. I count my blessings and am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who reminds me of what I have at times and blesses me with an overwhelming feeling of love. It's all consuming at times and I feel as though I am going to burst with joy. I remember the first time I felt that so strongly. I was on my mission and I was walking through the church with Kim Brown (an investigator at the time) and she wanted to see the baptismal font. This was her first time at church and she wanted to see the font. We showed it to her and I asked her if she wanted to be baptized. She said she did and that she wanted to be baptized on Joseph Smith's birthday. I felt like the only thing stopping me from going in all different directions at once was my skin. I could have run a marathon right then. It was like joy was engulfing my entire body making it useless to try and function. I guess that was a piece of heaven right there. The only other time I have felt that has been for my children and husband. It's been a blessing to be married and have given birth to two beautiful girls that are a part of me and me a part of them. I love them more than life itself and would do anything for them. I never understood the bond between a mother and a child until I had my own. What a strong and powerful bond. I am sure it's just a portion of what Heavenly Father feels for his children and that comforts me a great deal knowing he loves me more than I love my own children. His love is perfect, pure, and unconditional. I am the beneficiary of that. Well, I have babbled enough. I just had to try to capture my feelings with words this night. It all began with a photo shoot that captured feelings between Madison and Abby that touched my heart and ended here:-) Good night.

3 comments:

SP said...

Amen sister. Love your thoughts.

Lacey Jay said...

aw. Sar, you made me cry. i really do love you. i enjoyed hearing your thoughts.

Ryan and Kim said...

Sarah, I will always be so grateful to you for all you have done for me, for giving up 18 months of your life to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others....with me. I know it wasn't chance that we met when we did. You were a wonderful missionary, the best I think! I know you stayed so long in St. John's because of all my prayers :) You taught me how to pray, how to give a talk, how to teach a lesson...you were there when I went to the Temple and help me get ready to be sealed to the love of my life for eternity. I am proud to call you a dear friend of mine but even more proud to call you sister. I love you and miss you tons. I hope to see you next year when I travel to the States. Sarah, your name will always be spoken of when I tell my children how I became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Thank you again for taking the time to help me change my life...it only gets better and better :) xox