Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ketchup 'n' fries

For dinner I made some hamburgers and fries. I made Madison a hamburger and then finished up setting the table. I asked her, "please don't eat until we say a prayer." She sat at the table as good as gold...so I thought. After we said the prayer and started eating I noticed Madison didn't have anything in between her bun except hamburger. She had eaten the onions, tomato, pickles, and lettuce while I wasn't looking. She is so sneaky. Then she left the bun together so I wouldn't notice. When I asked her about it she just grinned and nodded her head.

Then while we were eating she said, "what's in your mouth?" I told her "ketchup 'n' fries". To which she replied, "I want some of 'n'". It took me twice to understand that she thought the 'and' in ketchup and fries was a food and that she wanted some. I apparently need to practice enunciating my words or else my daughter will get to school and not understand that and is the same word and 'n':-) Having kids makes me realize how I act and what I say!

Then she wanted to just run around the house in just her underpants. I told her no because the Home Teachers are coming over. But she insisted that she was doing exercises and couldn't wear her pants to do them:-) She is one smart one!

No comments: