Saturday, July 05, 2008

Airport Madness!


I made it! I flew home by myself with two children...I know those of you who have more are thinking 'way to go...I've done it with ten all under the age of five without a stroller:-)'. Some of my favorite comments were:

"Are you flying alone (look of exasperation)? I remember those days."

"Are these both yours? You are a rich woman."

"That isn't a stroller. That's a Cadillac!"

"Do you need help?"

"I'm sorry, we can't help you. You will just have to find a passenger to help you."

"Oh, HE is so cute." (Said to Abi)

We made it and that's all that matters. On the way home we hit a deer...ok, so the deer came flying out of the woods and jumped into our car. It was so sad and a bit unnerving. We are all safe, but the car took a hit...what's one more dent after the tire flew off last year on Brian on his way to his first day of rotations for third year. He just left the car, tireless I might add, and hitched a ride to the hospital. The car was towed before I got there and I ended up repairing it...I hadn't tightened the lug nuts from my previous job. Well, it used to be the nice car:-)

1 comment:

The McGuffin Family said...

You are a brave! I am to scared to fly with two kids! I am glad that you had so much fun with your family. Lisa