Monday, June 02, 2008

Mommy moments

Abby is like her father in that she likes to stay up late. So, I was trying to get her to go to sleep tonight by rocking her. The rocking chair is in Madison's room (we finally put them in the same room) and it was so neat to rock Abby and watch Madison sleeping. They both had their binky's in their mouthes just sucking away. Madison is so cute when she sleeps. She had her face up against the side with her head opposite her pillow. She had both arms out one direction bent in such a funny way. It looks totally uncomfortable, but I guess it works for her. It's the small moments when I slow down enough and enjoy the minutes of having two young children. It was nice to end the day this way since it was a tough one. I laid Abby down and walked out and five minutes later she was crying again. She is a pro at faking us out! It drives me crazy...Brian has the patience and is putting Abby to sleep as I type. He is so good with her and is so good at putting her to sleep. What am I going to do when I have to put her to sleep by myself? He has done it the past five nights after I have tried and failed a few times. This is just one more reason why I love Brian.

No comments: