Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Insectaphobia


Before she thought the specks were bugs...

She thinks the specks are bugs...

After I managed to wipe them ALL (took three attempts) away...
I'm not sure if this is even a word or not, but Abby has it. Intense fear of anything that crawls, flies, or looks like a bug. In this case there were small black specks on her chair and she lost it. She was convinced they were bugs and they were "going to get me". I had to wipe them all off and missed a few. She wouldn't stop crying until I got them all. She will find the smallest spider, ant, fly anywhere and freak out about it until it is either dead, out of sight, or gone. I love this little girl who has woken up more than once from naps crying with paralyzed fear over a spider on the wall in her room. I wouldn't have ever seen it myself. I just have to kill them and then she is back to normal chatting away about something else.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I guess that's one of the differences between boys and girls! I wish Cannon was a little more cautious with bugs:) Also, I LOVE the picture of Madison and Abby at the top of your blog, so beautiful of them both! It was good to talk to you yesterday!