Sunday, May 31, 2009

VV and Aunt Lilley come to visit...


My mom and sister where here and we were able to go to Boston and Springfield MA without kids:-) It was great to go to the Boston Temple. It's so beautiful. We were able to do a session and then head over to my Great Aunt Phyllis's home where we were met by her four sons, a wife and daughter. They were so funny! We had Chinese food and then had to head out to Springfield to spend time with Uncle Geoff.


This is my Grandma Nichol's sister and her four sons, one of their wives and a daughter. It was so fun to see them and get to know them. What a great family.

We even got to go and visit my Grandpa Nichols grave. It was neat for my mom to be able to put flowers on her father's grave just a few days after Memorial day. My mom told some stories about Grandpa and Uncle Geoff said that Grandpa gave him the advice to "always volunteer when asked to serve." Geoff said if he hadn't done that he wouldn't be where he is now or had such amazing experiences while serving in the navy. He got to be on the permanent flying crew for an admiral and saw many different countries and places and even works in the flying business.


We toured many of mom's old stomping grounds, one of them being the church she attended as a little girl. This is the gym where she remembers playing basketball with the boys and having a mutual activity where they would order something from a menu not knowing what it was. They might get sauce before the spaghetti or a fork and no food. It was a game to figure out what the options on the menu really were so you could actually have your dinner in a semi functional way...I don't know if that made any sense. My mom said she loved to clean up because that is when they got to flirt with the boys:-) I had to put that in there mom:-)


We got to take a stroll around the block in Geoff's Model T Ford. It was so fun! Thanks for having us Geoff! We spent the night at Geoff's and he stayed up watching TV with us and served us ice cream, chips and salsa, and these really good coconut cookies. Mom went to bed early and missed out:-) We paid for it the next day though.

It was so fun to have Aunt Lilley here. Madison fell asleep on the way to the airport to drop my mom and Aunt Lilley off. When she woke up the first thing she said was, "Where is Aunt Lilley?" She was sad that they left. I told her I dropped them off at the airport and that they were going back home to Utah. She said, "Are they walking back to Utah?" Silly Madison:-) I explained to her that they were flying and she seemed ok about that.

2 comments:

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

a picture is worth a thousand words. You captured the trip wonderfully! Thanks for giving Lael and I a great week! I am glad you got Madison singing "doe, re, me." Thanks for posting all of the above!

mer and mel said...

so fun Sarah! I'm glad you got to go to Mass- looks like a great trip. My mom said Phyllis is doing pretty well after surgery, and I bet it was fun visiting with everyone. And isn't Geoff's the coolest? I love his house and car- did he let you drive it? Oh, I am so jealous right now! But I'm glad you got ot go!
love ya!
ps- your girls are getting huge!!