Monday, May 04, 2009

Happy Birthday Madison


Here is the pinata that Madison helped to make. It's just a paper bag decorated. Go Madison. All the kids got to hit it twice or more...we then just ripped it open. There were a few tears before that. They had fun!






The hits were so good that the string came off...all three men in the room came to the rescue with, yup you guessed it...duck tape! It was so funny! Men can fix anything with duck tape...so I hear:-) We did hold on our rear view mirror with it when it fell off!





Where is Abby? She wanted some cake and ice cream too!

So, some explanation on the cake. I was trying to make a tunnel and didn't buy the gray frosting and tried to make gray on my own. Doesn't frosting always turn gray when you add all four colors when you don't want it to turn gray? I remember that happening as a kid...so, I thought I could get gray...as you can see I couldn't and ended up trying to add blue...it worked for kids right? Frosting is frosting:-)

2 comments:

Tamara said...

What a fun, creative, party! You are a GREAT mom! Madison is surely growning up...it is amazing how fast she is becoming a little girl! Wish we were there!!

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

I love the Thomas the train theme for the cake and invitaiton. From the pictures it was a successful birthday party. Great job Sarah and of course the men with their duct tape.