Sunday, May 25, 2008

We Have A Name!


We decided a name last night around midnight after much discussion. We blessed her today and had some extended family there in support along with close friends. It was touching to have Brian bless our daughter and the things that were said were very touching. Abby is lucky to have such an amazing Dad who lives a righteous, good life. The dress fit that Melissa made and got lots of comments. Abby was passed around to Doug, Carol, and Shirley. Abby ended up falling asleep on Doug's shoulder...he has the touch! She just fit in Doug, Carol, and Shirley's arms. They showered Abby and Madison with love. I just love being able to call the baby a name and refer to her with a name!!!!!!!!! Sorry if i keep using it:-) We chose Abigail because of the biblical meaning and what an amazing woman Abigail was along with Abigail Adams. We also loved the meaning of the name which is
father's joy and Abby also has a cousin with the same name who we love and adore:-) It also just fit! Madison helped to chose the name also...we started to call the baby Abby a few weeks ago to try it out. Madison was in the car with me when I said "Ali is crying." (I just wanted to try out another name) Madison looked at me and said, "Her Abby." I said, "Can't we call her Ali?" to which Madison replied with, "No, her Abby" We argued for a bit and Madison wasn't going to budge, so I gave up. That is when I knew we pretty much had to go with Abigail:-) We missed being close to our immediate family, but we have extended family and great friends here that joined in the beautiful experience with us.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yea!! I'm so glad she finally has a name, and Abigail fits her well, she's such a cute baby! That's funny about you arguing with Madison about it :) I can't wait to see you guys!

mer and mel said...

I love the name! Great choice- she looks like an Abby. I miss you lots and hopefully will see you sometime this year!