Sunday, October 18, 2009

"Goodnight Mommy, I'll see you in the morning."

Madison decided to put herself to bed a few nights ago. We brushed her teeth, said her prayers, we put a diaper on her and she then walked me to her bedroom door, and before closing it said, "Goodnight mommy, I will see you in the morning. And when I wake up I will learn to play the piano." She then proceeded to shut the door and I could hear her in her bed talking to Abby. I expected to see her again or hear her call, but she did in fact put herself to bed.

I was reading her a book the other night and in order to turn the pages I had to lick my finger. Madison looked at me and said, "Don't lick your finger and touch my book. You will ruin it."

During Madison's blessing on the food last night she said, "And thank Jesus for taking my cough...and Abby's cough. And bless that she will never cough again."

1 comment:

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

If we could just keep the faith of a child. Madison is growing up so fast!