Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Rigged the Deck

Today for quiet time Madison got the Uno game ready and kept asking me to play with her.  Once I finally finished finances she had it all set up and I sat down to play at her little table.  As I picked up my deck, yes, a deck size hand and then looked at Madison's hand it was much smaller.  Then she began to lay out her cards hidden by a puzzle box standing on end.  Out to the sides I saw a lot of black...she had rigged the deck and had all the wild and draw four cards.  I then spread out my hand and saw only two colors...about ten of each.  I then told her that was cheating and with a huge smile spread across her face she said, "I know."  I told her I would play, but that was being dishonest if she was playing someone else.  She actually did win the game, but barely:-)  It was so fun playing about 10 rounds of Uno with her.  When she looses she just laughs and when she wins she does the same thing.  She is such a good sport and fun to play with.  Whenever I change the color she will say, "oh, that's perfect." and then look at her cards to see if she even has that color...if not she says, "but I don't have that so I will pick up."  She calls wild and draw four cards "goody" cards. I have loved spending time with her.  She loves playing games as of late and would rather play a game of UNO then get a book read to her at night.  Although we have gotten into story telling lately and so last night Brian told Madison and Abby the long version of Joseph and the coat of many colors.  This morning when Madison came into my room she asked me to tell her a story like how daddy did.  She then went on to tell me about Joseph and had so many of the details that I couldn't even remember off the top of my head.  Like what the dream the baker had...she remembered that he baked a pie for the Pharaoh and then birds came and ate it.  Brian grew up with his dad telling him Bible stories at night and is continuing the tradition with our family.  Thanks Rick for doing that!

We also just sat at the computer on Sunday night and looked at old posts on my blog way back to when Madison and Abby were born.  It was so fun.  Now the girls are always asking for stories about them when they were little and then repeat back to me other things I have told them too.  They love it!  What a fun family thing to do.  I have Brian to thank for that.  He is always telling the girls about when they were little and the funny things they did, random things about them, and what we did when they were little.  It makes me rededicate myself to blogging since Brian and the girls enjoy it so much!

2 comments:

kimi + joe said...

I'm so glad you're capturing those fun moments too. It's wonderful looking back over even just the past two years and seeing all the fun activities and memories Joe and I have made as a family. Keep up the great work!

Emily said...

How cute! I love UNO and have many memories playing it growing up. That is so funny that she was trying to be all sneaky and have all the wild cards!