Monday, February 21, 2011

I love WINTER!

We had a snow storm the other day after having nice spring weather for a couple of days where we even got to see grass for the first time this winter.  It was exciting and nice and then the snow storm on Sunday.  We got about 5-6 inches of snow.  Brian got stuck going up a hill by our house on his way to work and had to walk home and get me to help him get out.  We bundled up the girls, put them in the jogging stroller, and headed to the car.  As we arrived at the hill there were at least three other cars that were stuck as well.  The plow hadn't gotten to this road yet and it had the 5-6 inches of snow.  We shoveled, pushed, poured down salt and was finally able to free Brian's car and send him off to work.  Then I got to help three other people who were stuck before heading home with my freezing girls.  They were such troopers and let me help one more person on the way home.  I brought them in and turned on the TV and went out to help one other person who was stuck.  It felt so good to serve people who couldn't help themselves.  They were stuck and spinning out and no matter how hard they pushed the accelerator they weren't going anywhere.  I found myself grateful for the snow and the opportunity to serve people I have never met.  I then shoveled some walkways and parking spaces.  I have been reading this book of ten strategies for being a mom and under the title it says:

"10 things I learned by accident because I had children on purpose" 

In it she talks about finding joy in the things we have to do.  It's so funny, positive, and uplifting.  She has a way with words and making light of what can at some times be breaking moments in a mom's life.  It has made me more grateful, frugal, laid back, and able to focus on what is most important.  I am able to laugh about situations and just move on knowing that in the future this will not be a big deal:-)

1 comment:

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

I am glad you had and took the opportunities to help others and your girls let you.You are teaching them example without really even saying a work. Thank you!