Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Watcher...


Today while Brian was clearing some brush off of some steps in our back yard, he heard a buzzing and then instantly a burning, stinging sensation. As soon as it landed Brian was stung. He grabbed his ear and reeled in pain...ok, just squinted in pain:-) We found the culprit while clearing some more brush minutes later. He flew by my ear and then perched himself on a birdhouse at the top of the steps. He just sat on his front porch watching and waiting for his next victim. I was not partial to the idea of Madison or I being his next victim and so we steered clear of him the rest of the night. Brian found some wasp killer and at sunset tonight our wasp watcher will meets his match...ok, so I think we will have the upper hand:-) I would take a picture of him, but he tried to attack me once when I threw the hose near his house and shook it a bit. He chased me all the way down the stairs and around the corner. I thought I was a goner! Madison refuses to come inside and says it's safe by daddy. I guess she forgets that he is the one that got stung! Maybe I'll try and sneak a picture before Brian has his duel.

2 comments:

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

Keep the stories coming. I am glad no one else was stung. Sorry for you Brian :(

Tamara said...

Sorry about the sting...did you get him that night?
Loved the videos of the girls...thanks Brad!